Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 is powered by Panda Security.
Follow the steps in this guide to benefit from all the protection that Tesco Tech Support Internet Security
Important: Please read the online registration section of this guide very carefully.
The information in this section is essential to keep your PC protected.
- Windows® 7 (32 or 64bits)
- Windows® Vista (32 or 64bits)
- Windows® XP (32-bit)
- Pentium 300 MHz or faster
- 128 MB without TruPrevent™
- 512 MB with TruPrevent™ (1 GB recommended)
- 275 MB free space, CD-Rom drive
MS Internet Explorer 6.0 and Internet Connection required to receive updates
Uninstall other programs
Important: If you have another Internet Security program installed, make sure it is properly uninstalled
before installing Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010. Two different security solutions installed on
the same computer can cause problems.
To do this, you only have to follow the steps below:
- Click on the Windows start button and find the ‘Control Panel’ (normally, in the settings section).
- Click on ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- Select the program you want to remove and click on ‘Remove’.
- Follow the steps in the uninstall wizard.
Follow the steps below to ensure correct installation. Once you have followed the steps in this guide your PC will be completely protected against viruses and other threats.
- Start Installation: Insert the CD into your computer’s CD or DVD drive.
- Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 will display the installation wizard. If your PC has autoplay enabled go to step 3. If your computer does not have autoplay enabled, installation will
not start when you insert the CD.
In this case, follow the steps below:
2a. Open the Windows ‘Start’ Menu and select ‘My Computer’ (Windows XP) or ‘Computer’ (Windows 7 & Vista).
2b. Right click on the CD or DVD drive.
2c. Select ‘Explore’ and click once on it (with the main/left mouse button).
2d. Then double-click on the ‘Autorun.inf’ file and the installation wizard will start up.
- A welcome screen will appear indicating the Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 components that will be installed on your computer.Click on ‘Next’.
- Now you will see the licence agreement screen. Read through the licence agreement, and when you have read through click ‘yes’ if you accept the terms of the
agreement. If you click ‘no’ theinstallation process will not continue.
- Once you have accepted the license agreement you will see this ‘type of installation screen’.
Note: This guide explains a typical installation of Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010. If you
have more advanced knowledge and would like to configure each of the settings options, you can do this by selecting the option, ‘Custom installation’
during the installation process.
Keep the ‘Typical installation’ option selected to install the most usual components of Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 and click
on ‘Next’ to continue.
- Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 will now scan the memory to ensure the program is installed in a virus free environment,
this may take a few minutes. When this scan has ended, you will see a report of any malicious software detected and the action taken with each malicious code.
Click on 'OK’
Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 will start to copy the files needed to install the protection against malicious software and firewall.
- When the files have been copied to the computer, a co-operation agreement is displayed. If you want, you can allow anonymous sending of
information about threats that Tesco Tech Support Internet Security 2010 detected on your computer, to help us keep our information
up-to-date about the impact of viruses around the world. Click on ‘Next’ to continue.
- A window appears telling you that the installation is complete. We recommend that you restart your computer now in order to activate the firewall protection.
Make sure that the option ‘Yes, I want to restart the computer now’ is enabled and click on ‘Finish’.